- Solidarity statement with occupations around the UK
- Out From The Occupation & Off To The Pickets
- A Message of Support For Our Occupation From A Member of Staff…
- Statement from University of Edinburgh Occupation
- Edinburgh students stage sit-in in support of striking staff
- Useful resources on higher education reform
- Guest Post: What is The Value of Higher Education?
- Massive day of strikes and action against government cuts and attacks on pensions.
- Picket information for tomorrow morning
- Events in the next few days
- Wise words from our resident Soup Dragon
- Mythbuster: The truth about unions (and strikes)
- Walking bus
- Banners and giant posters!
- Our Demands
- Before casting your vote in the @eusa elections check out if the candiates believe in #freeeducation & occupations... bit.ly/1bbCn1o 2 years ago
- RT @PeterMcColl: I'm standing for Rector of @EdinburghUni today and tomorrow. Here's why: youtu.be/KAAivm3CfhE #edrector 2 years ago
- David Cameron is in Edinburgh today. Unrelated, but did you know Lidl has a great deal on boxes of 24 eggs? 2 years ago
- RT @EdUniSocialists: Rally for Rent Controls TODAY! Student bloc assembling at noon at Bristo Sq, marching on Holyrood #livingrent https://… 2 years ago
- RT @AUSAEducation: Interesting #AutumnStatement analysis: loan-based HE funding burdens us with catastrophic debt ucu.org.uk/index.cfm?arti… #f… 3 years ago
- RT @niamhdelrey: Everyone needs to watch this video and please share it about. This should not be allowed. #copsoffcampus http://t.co/sHP5q… 3 years ago
- RT @gdnstudents: "The allegations are complete lies," says a statement from one of those on bail and unable to attend. #FreeEducation #cops… 3 years ago
- RT @novaramedia: Over a thousand attending #copsoffcampus protest at @warwickuni right now #freeeducation http://t.co/1xpDEssGGr 3 years ago
- RT @NCAFC_UK: Video of Sheff Uni security chaining the fire exit shut at the occupation, illegal & disproportionate youtu.be/DGZkZEuj63Y … 3 years ago
- RT @NCAFC_UK: Sheffield University security have just locked the occupiers in with a chain on the only fire exit. #freeeducation http://t.c… 3 years ago
Author Archives: Edinburgh University Anti-Cuts Coalition
Our principles: Education should be free: funded through higher taxation on corporations and the rich. Education is a social, public good: universities should not be run for private profit. Universities should be democratically organised: directly controlled by staff and students. … Continue reading
Earlier this week, the Guardian asked the women of twitter what pissed them off most about the Con-Dem government. It was a testimony to women’s ingenuity that so many were able to fit so much into 140 characters. Among the … Continue reading
Students at the time of the last UCU strike seemed somewhat confused as to what picket lines were, and what supporting a strike means. Here is my short attempt (it’s nearly 3am here in Appleton tower) to explain it. On … Continue reading
All welcome in the Free State of Apple Town, Appleton Tower, George Square, Edinburgh University of Edinburgh matriculation cards are required for entry outside of usual daytime opening hours Meetings will run on time! 1100-1130 Skipping (getting food)/ 1100-1130 Communications … Continue reading
It’s a Friday night, I’m missing my friend’s boozy 20something birthday (it’s her third 21st…) because I’m sitting in Appleton Tower writing about strikes. Life fail? Maybe, but I hope not. Occupations are about more than just hummus eating, a … Continue reading
Following the Edinburgh University Students’ Association organised ‘RUKidding’ March against fees a group of students attempted to occupy several university management buildings across campus. Unfortunately the university and the police were tipped off prior to the action, activists encountered police … Continue reading
Student X keeping the door open whilst a member of security takes their details.