We’re working hard on expanding our struggle. We’ve already had amazing support from people like Edinburgh Coalition Against Poverty and school student protesters, and we want to support their fights too. If you’re interested in getting involved and building the movement, here are some things that you can do.
- The most important thing we need right now is people to help with outreach. We need to be talking to and adverting to schools and colleges and universities throughout Edinburgh and Scotland; we want to be working with workers’ groups, claimants groups, women’s and minority rights groups. But we’re thinly stretched, and we need help from people involved in these struggles to help us out in making contact and having discussions. If you want to help with this, please get in touch in one of the following ways:
- Come on down to the occupation! You’re welcome any time, but it can be really useful to come to our discussion and decision-making meetings (9.30am, 1pm and 9pm daily). Be sure to check this website for the latest new on freedom of movement.
- Join our regular marches and protests. We post details of all of them here. The next is our mass Scotland-wide rally (more details coming soon, current publicity here), assembling at Bristo Square at 11.30am on Tuesday 30th Nov. We also really need help distributing this publicity to a diversity of groups (see above).
- Sign the petition in support of the occupation.
- Or, finally, simply get in touch with your messages of support. It helps give us more energy, and really contributes positively to our struggle.