We’ve decided to call a rally outside Appleton Tower for 12 noon tomorrow, Thursday 25th November, to make our messages heard, to show solidarity with struggles across the UK, and to keep the anti-cuts momentum in Edinburgh building.
We’re inviting everyone who’s feeling the impact of the cuts: not just students, but also workers who fear for their jobs, benefit claimants facing forced labour, families worried for their children’s future, everyone who’s angry about the direction the government is taking us.
Confirmed Speakers So Far:
– Jamie Alison – Edinburgh UCU
– Tom Webster – Edinburgh UCU
– John McArdle – Disabled rights activist
– Des Loughney – Secretary, Edinburgh Trades Council
– Duncan Smith – Chair of Edinburgh UNISON
– Nathan Sparling – Convener of SNP Youth
– A student from Strathclyde Anti-Cuts Group
– A student from Glasgow Anti-Cuts Group
– Des Loughney – Secretary of Edinburgh TUC
-More speakers to be confirmed-
(Interested speakers see contact page)